The information collected can be used in aggregate for marketing activities and for analysis of the use of the web site.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings sent from a server to a web client (a piece of information stored by the web site, visited on the computer of the surfer).
They are generally used to remember the preferences, data and navigation information of the visitors to a particular web site but do not contain personal data.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies but it is possible to change the settings of your browser to delete cookies or to prevent automatic acceptance.
The following is a series of links to guides on settings relating to the cookies of the main browsers.
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Internet Explore [versione mobile]: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- Safari [mobile version]: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
It should be pointed out that by disabling the cookies in your browser, these settings are applied to all web sites and not only to this one.